Are you well-versed in Linux and C/C++ with an interest in Telecommunications? Want to join a leading firm innovating the future of network communications? Looking for good progression, outstanding benefits and to join a friendly and collaborative team?
We are looking for recent graduates with a deep interest in telecommunications and experience in Linux and C/C++ to join a collaborative embedded software team, innovating at the cutting edge of network hardware and software. With a dynamic and varied working environment this is a must for developers looking to kick-start a career in telecommunications.
Company: Telecommunications Provider
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Role: Junior Software Development Engineer
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline: 29th November 2019
Who is the company?
- This company works with leading network providers such as O2 and Horizon.
- They are spearheading the newest technological breakthroughs in telecommunications and network infrastructure in the market.
- They are an all-round provider, managing every stage from product development through software design and manufacturing of their products.
- Expanding network coverage and improving reach are only some of the challenges this company solves for its clients.
What is the role?
- As a Software Development Engineer, you will be working on a wide range of projects, managing it independently but with the support of a close-knit team.
- Programming new elements to existing products, writing the script for a completely new product, resolving software issues and testing existing software are some of the varied responsibilities you will be able to take on.
- While you are part of a larger team and can count on a collaborative culture, you are given immediate responsibility for your own projects, work autonomously and can produce results from the get-go.
Why should you apply?
- Cutting-edge technology: Gain exposure and work on the most innovative products in the market, working on the technology of tomorrow.
- Autonomy: manage your own project and taking on significant roles in team projects.
- Quick Progression: Move from Junior Software Developer – Software Developer – Principal Software Developer in 1 – 2 years per stage.
- Unparalleled Culture: Join a friendly, collaborative, sociable culture and a close-knit team.
- Excellent Benefits: Private healthcare, life assurance and other, generous schemes.
Who is best suited to this role?
- You must have at least a 2.1 in Electronics, Computer Science, Telecommunications or related discipline.
- You must be well-versed in Linux and C/C++.
- A strong interest in telecommunications and embedded software is essential.
- Interest in programming, software engineering, design and architecture is essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Practical experience in software development is required.
- Previous exposure to Object Orientated Design methodology and tools (UML) are desirable.
- Knowledge of networking – Layer 2 and Layer 3, 802.3, 802.1, IPv4 and IPv6 are desirable.
- You must have the right to work in the UK.